Sunday, April 3, 2011

For the love of Vegans



I suffer from a condition called Endometriosis (Endo).
I had a laporoscopy in January and they were able to diagnose me. Through my own
research I discovered how severe End0 really is and how it affects your future
children as much as it can affect the sufferer. Children are more likely to develop allergies,
immune disorders or Endo themselves, if their mother doesn't control the condition.
The doctor of course didn't tell me ANY of this part. I quickly ran to my source for information: The Library and borrowed a ton of books about my condition, it came to my knowledge that diet played a huge role in aggravating the symptoms of Endo. All the good foods are bad, especially diary, wheat, sugar and meat. I have been pretty good at letting go of milk, bread, cheese, cakes, burgers and other yummies. I've replace milk with Almond Milk (which is super delicious), meat with fish, I eat a lot of salad, and believe or not I have found a replacement for brownies! Take a look:



These brownies are absolutely delicious!

It hasn't been easy letting go of so many foods I love, but I already feel loads better, plus I have dropped a few pounds. Vegan cookbooks have been such a great help, since my diet is pretty close to being vegan (I never thought I would say that).

1 comment:

  1. looks really yummy. Could I please have your recipe??

    ReplyDelete